Monday, May 28, 2012

Michael Erlewine: A Hint of the Impermanence of it All


[We are fortunate to have another post from the brilliant astrologer and writer, Michael Erlewine. This time he has shared one of his gorgeous photographs with us. If you don't follow him on Facebook, I highly recommend it. It is full of beautiful photographs,moving personal observations and brilliant astrology.  robin dalton ~ postcards from uac - United Kingdom branch]
 
 
 
 
Oh, oh. I can begin to feel this whole conference beginning to wind down. I hate it when that happens. Everything is still going strong, but there is the first hint of the impermanence of it all, that a couple days from now I will be on a plane and heading home. 

Whenever I have such a rich experience as this has been, there is that little bit of heartache, or as Shakespeare said "Parting is such sweet sorrow." Anyway, I can already tell I will be breathing a sigh or two soon. As the writer Gertrude Stein once said, "Before friendship faded, friendship faded."

Meanwhile everything is still in bloom. I ran out of photos to share, so this one of a calla lily will have to do. That little drop that is about to fall symbolizes the end of the conference that will come. 

I am sorry I will miss the banquet this evening, but astrology is but one of several areas I play in. I am also a musician and know a number of people who live here in New Orleans. I have been invited to a house party, where we will all cook together. And I promised to do the astrology chart for John Boutte, who wrote the theme song and other music for HBO's original series. "Treme." Boutte is a wonderful singer and it will be fun to do a little astrology for everyone.

Meanwhile, the day is starting again and I am about to launch myself back into the stream of astrologers and see where it takes me. I love the new way that the elevators here at the hotel work, where you punch in the floor number and  are told which of seven elevators is coming for you. However, I don't love it when the elevators grind to a standstill when lectures let out and we all stand around there for.. who knows how long.

Last evening I went to the open house that the AFA (American Federation of Astrologers) put on and ate dinner at the Palace Café. That is all I have to report other than last night I got my first real night of sleep. That too is a sign of this winding-down business.

Hope to see some of you in the stream. Thanks to all my Facebook friends for saying hello. If you are on Facebook and we are not friends, please befriend me.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment