WHAT'S A UAC?
- UAC stands for United Astrology Conference.
- It's the biggest astrological conference there is with hundreds of speakers and thousands of attendees flying in from all over the world.
- It happens every four years and it's been going on since 1986.
- Each conference is held in a different city.
- This year it's being held in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- For more about UAC itself, visit its website HERE
WHAT ARE UAC POSTCARDS?
- Not every astrologer can make the conference, sadly.
- With so many astrologers around the world wishing they could attend, a group of us (See ABOUT UAC POSTCARDS: Who Are We? ) got together and decided to bring the party to them!
- Fortunately modern technology makes it possible like never before to give people a virtual experience of the conference.
- Attendees take pictures and short videos in the
hallways, at parties,
in the trade show and at other fun events to give our friends at home a chance to feel part of the party.
- Film or audio of UAC sponsored lectures or performances is not permitted. But everything else is fair game!
- The pictures and videos are then uploaded to various sites so that everyone around the world can see them.
IS UAC POSTCARDS AFFILIATED WITH UAC?
- UAC Postcards is not officially affiliated with UAC.
- However, the organizers know what we're up to
- And we have been given the go ahead to share the fun of the conference, as long as we abide by the rules listed above.
WHERE CAN UAC POSTCARDS BE SEEN?
- Blogger: http://uacpostcards.blogspot.co.uk
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/postcardsfromuac
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/postcardsfromuac
- Twitter: @UACPostcards
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/uacpostcards
- Google+: http://gplus.to/uacpostcards
WHERE CAN YOU VIEW FULL VERSIONS OF THE UAC FREE LECTURE SERIES?
Free Lectures may be viewed on two websites:
WHO UPLOADS THE "POSTCARDS?"
- We're so glad you asked!
- Attendees simply email their video or images via smart phones or other devices to UACPostcards@gmail.com
- We have a crack team of Elves around the globe covering different time zones who will be monitoring the email.
- They have generously agreed to upload the images and videos to the sites listed above.
- For a full list of our contributing Elves please visit our ABOUT UAC POSTCARDS: Who We Are page!
- Alternatively, for people posting their own UAC-related content, the Twitter hash tags #UAC2012 and #UACPostcards will be used.
WHY HASN'T MY POSTCARD BEEN POSTED YET?
- Did you follow the Postcard Submission Rules?
- UAC sponsored lectures, the opening ceremonies, and Michael Lutin`s OMG The Mayan`s Were Right are off limits, as is anything of illegal, indecent or questionable content.
- Also, and this really should go without saying, anything that is clearly advertising or self-promotion not related to the free lecture series, or anything that can be viewed as negative, petty, mean, not nice or self-serving will not make the cut, not that we would expect that kind of behavior from our ASTROLOGERS!
- Oh, and before I forget, no kicking, biting or gouging of eyes.
- Is your video too long in length? We can't accept videos longer than 3 minutes.
- Remember the maximum size for an attachment in Gmail is 25 MB
- How long ago did you send us the postcard?
- For elves we're surprisingly human.
- There are only about 6 of us for all the hundreds of you, so depending on how successful this venture is, we may be looking at a backlog and a bit of a wait time for uploading on our end. Patience is a virtue.
- For a full list of rules please check the Submission Rules page.
|Mercury ~ Surely the God of Questions...|